Liz in Geneva

Friday, March 23, 2007

Canadiana

Here are some pictures from my internship debriefing in Winnipeg. We got to spend a night at a very cosy cabin in the middle of a nature reserve just outside Winnipeg. We weathered a snowstorm, went showshoeing & drank copious amounts of Hungarian liqueur. The perfect cultural re-integration, really.

Our cabin - on the edge of a frozen lake and very close to a herd of buffalo (or is it bison? I never figured that out...)

I think I was having a bit of Swiss chocolate withdrawal.

And here we are showshoeing. I, of course, fell not once, but twice. Brilliant.


And here are some pix from my recent visit to Toronto to re-connect with my nearest & dearest friends from McGill.

Stef, Corinda and I out at dinner.

St. Paddy's day - at the beginning of the night...

Kicking it old school with a good game of quarters

Me & Corinda slightly later in the evening....


And me & Kat at the end of the night. The glazed eyes mean that it was a good St. Paddy's day all around.

I'm still in Ottawa, working part-time with the Sierra Youth Coalition, tying up some loose ends, getting my UK work permit sorted out & enjoying spending time with friends.

My favourite new Ottawa sport is going to Parliament to watch question period. I went the day after the new federal budget came out and, let me tell you, it's so much fun! They heckle, catcall, deal low blows to each other and it's all okay. I feel like they should have spitballs and paper airplanes too. The security guys let me sit in the press box, so I had one of the best seats in the house. Next time, I'm totally bringing popcorn.

And....I booked my flight home to Vancouver! I'm officially coming back to the lovin' arms of my home province on April 11, and I'll be around until the end of the month. So for all my lovelies in BC - your presence is officially requested for some quality time in April.

Love,
Liz

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home