Liz in Geneva

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

La vie Suisse

Here's my very quick update, since I forgot to take pictures all weekend and therefore don't have any exciting visuals to hold your attention with.

On Friday night, a bunch of Canadians got a real treat when my Swiss friend Jüré made us delicious delicious fondue using his parents' famous secret cheese blend. I don't think you've seen 7 happier Canadians ever. Yum.

On Sunday, I finally made it into the Alps! Not the big Alps, which are a bit farther away, but I did manage to see la Salève, which is the closest mountain to Geneva. It was great- you can hike up or take a cable car to the top, and the view is amazing. Great fall colours starting, and lots of nice hiking trails with little meadows and people's summer cabins hiding her and there.

And that was my weekend. More details (with photos too, I promise!) coming soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home