Liz in Geneva

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dead horses and Japanese baths....welcome to Switzerland!

Hello hello!

This is just a quick update, sadly sans photos since I've been chronically forgetting my camera lately. I promise to get better, really I do. Especially since I now have my mom here to remind me - something that mothers are very good at : )

My mom got here yesterday - she's staying with my for the next week, and then we're going to Tunis for Christmas. I'm very excited!

Day 1 of her first visit to Europe was a complete success. We took a little day trip to a nearby town, Yverdon-les-Bains, which has a fantastic thermal spa - just the thing to cure a weary jet-lagged traveller. We were accompanied by my friend Hélène, who was the mastermind behind the whole brilliant idea.

The only hitch in the trip was right at the beginning - our train hit a horse on the tracks and we ended up stuck in the middle of nowhere for awhile. Luckily the train didn't derail and everyone on board was fine, although the same can't be said for the poor horse or for the dented train. Poor poor horse.

Otherwise, our day was very nice. We spent the afternoon hopping (or rather, lazily sauntering) between outdoor hotsprings, a sauna, a steamroom and an outdoor jacuzzi. Ça à été vraiment tranquille....I could feel every muscle in my body relaxing. Those Europeans definitely got it right when they created spas like this. After the thermal baths, we wandered around a little Christmas market and introduced my mom to raclette, chocolate crêpes and hot wine. All in all, it was a very Swiss day.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home